Contact Me

Email me at btrflykises313@hotmail.com

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had our first Thanksgiving dinner at our house the other day...and I cooked! I made a beautiful turkey and all the fixin's. I also made three pies. I'm pretty impressed with myself, nothing was burnt or horrible tasting. It wasn't as stressful or as hard as I thought it would be. I really dont know why everyone makes such a big deal about it. I actually had fun! I'll post some pictures soon. It was nice to have our first thanksgiving at home though. It was just the four of us and my mom and sisters but it was wonderful. In a few short weeks we'll have our first Christmas in this house and Desmond will be home this year too so I'm really excited.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I know I know... painting sucks a big one! If we had had the money to hire someone at the time, we definitely would have gone that route. IT'S SO MUCH WORK!!! Believe it or not we have finished everything but the office and master bedroom. We cranked it all out last weekend. ;0) One day the rest will get finished. Congrats on your first Thanksgiving dinner! I have yet to cook one. One day I will muster up the courage. That's also cool that your hubby will be home for Christmas!

Cortney said...

That's awesome. I can't wait to do Thanksgiving at our house...one year soon I hope! Josh first has to have the day off! I am so excited for you that Des gets to spend the holidays with you guys this year. It's going to be so special!

Bethany said...

Oops! I guess I'll have to fix that one!