Contact Me

Email me at btrflykises313@hotmail.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tiger Butter Popcorn

First off, let me warn you all that this is not a figure friendly healthy recipe but it is delicious!

The other day I overheard a recipe similar to this on the Food Network but I sort of tweaked it to make it my own.

What you'll need:
popcorn kernels
air popper
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup agave nectar (or honey)
1/2 cup (approx) dark chocolate morsels
1/2 cup (approx) white chocolate morsels
a few pinches of salt

In a large bowl, pop the popcorn and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, agave nectar (or honey) and sugar. Melt in 20-30 second increments in the microwave until melted but not cooked. Stir it all together and then pour over the popcorn. Use a spatula and stir the popcorn and peanut butter mixture together.

Spread the popcorn on a large baking sheet lined with wax paper.


Melt the dark chocolate in the mircowave or using a double boiler. Be careful not to over cook it.
Drizzle over the popcorn.


Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the popcorn.




Then sprinkle a little bit of salt all over the popcorn to give it that sweet and salty deliciousness. (You can also crunch up pretzels for the same taste but I didn't have any and I wanted this NOW!)

Put it in the refrigerator for about an hour or until hardened.

After its all cooled and firm break it into bite size pieces. And enjoy!!


1 comment:

Candi said...

yum! Thanks for the recipe, I may make it right now!