Contact Me

Email me at btrflykises313@hotmail.com

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My CD Journey

I attempted to cloth diaper with my first child with gDiapers back in 2007. With many leaks and never really taking it on completely, my cloth diaper journey ended right there with him. Fast forward a year and a half to two years, I wanted to venture into the cloth diaper (CD) world again. I had a few reasons 1) I wanted to know that future generations would not have to deal with “my” diapers in the landfills 2) I'm trying to go green little by little 3) I wanted to do the best thing for my baby and any future babies in our family and 4) I wanted to prove to people that CDing wasn't as bad as everyone thinks it is and that I CAN DO IT!


So with a little advice from a friend, researching and getting a chance to view a bunch of CDs from a private seller I knew what I wanted and what I didn't want. I wanted something easy, I wanted velco (snaps just seemed too hard since I have very wiggly babies), I wanted a “one size” diaper so I could use it with all of my kids no matter how big or small and I didn't want to have to worry about folding, stuffing or anything else that would make my diaper change take more than 30 seconds. So, low and behold, I found the GroBaby (which just changed their name to GroVia) AI2.


From the moment I saw the GroBaby, I knew it was the diaper for me! A shell that can be reused and a soaker pad that snaps in. The shell can be used a couple times before needing to be washed (unless it gets a lil poop on it) and the soakers take all of 2 seconds to snap in during a change. I also loved that the colors were all very simple, very gender neutral and only a few (mandarin, blackberry, kiwi and vanilla). I didn't want to have tons of options because I know I'd go overboard and go crazy!


So, I ordered a “part time” package just to try them. A few soakers, a few shells and a few boosters (to keep the munchkin extra dry). Ater no time,I was hooked! I loved them! I loved the way they fit (all three of my kids ...3.5 yrs, 2 years and 8.5 months, fit in them!)! I loved the ease of use! SO, I ordered more. And more. And more.


I'm now on my third baby (8.5 months), my second one in these CD's and I'm still loving it! I have about 30 soakers and about 15-20 shells. GroVia just came out with new shells (and new colors) and new soaker pads that are amazing! The shells are a tiny big bigger so it allows for even longer use, they have tuck under laundry tabs so they don't get hooked on other diapers in the wash and the soakers have true leg gussets and a waterproof backed soaker pad.

I cannot say enough good things about GroVia diapers. They have saved me so much money, I'm keeping yucky disposables out of the landfills and I'm having fun!


No comments: