Contact Me

Email me at btrflykises313@hotmail.com

Thursday, July 1, 2010

One year! May 16, 2010




There were so many times that we wondered if this day would ever come. For years we struggled as individuals and as a family. We fought to stay together, to fight the bitterness, loneliness, and fear. But a year ago that all changed. May 16th 2009, my mom got sober. It has been a year of picking up the pieces of damaged relationships and trying to be as supportive as possible so as to not have a relapse. But she made it. She took on this challenge, she fought it and she beat it. I've always thought of her as the strongest person I know but this year she has shown her strength is greater than I ever imagined. She made it seem easy but I know it wasn't and I'm sure she still struggles. I'm so thankful to have my mom back, my friend back and I'm glad she has her life back. We can't go back and change the past but we can look forward, enjoy each day together and be grateful to have each other. Congratulations to my mom on her first year of sobriety! We are all so proud of you and love you so much!

Here are a few pics from the little celebration we had.

No comments: